Summary: As of June 2 2020, we are now open for regular service. However, all clients are required to wear a mask before-and-after their session. In the article below, we cover the steps we’re taking to ensure a safe environment for our customers, photographers, and partners.
In preparation to re-open our studio and outdoor on-demand services on June 1st, our team has studied the CDC’s Covid-19 Guidelines, San Francisco’s Shelter-in-Place Laws via sf.gov, and state guidelines. Our top priority is to provide a safe photography environment for our customers.
How We’re Preparing for Covid-19
As a result, here are the policies we’re implementing immediately:
- No handshakes or physical contact of any form between the photographer and customers.
- The photographer is to stand at least 6ft away from clients at all times.
- Photographer to use hand sanitizer or wash hands before-and-after every session.
- Photographer to wear a mask at all times. Mask must be replaced or washed every day.
- Photographer to get temperature taken every morning.
- If a photographer is found to be sick, we may need to reschedule events with shorter-than-usual notice.
- Appointments will now be separated by at least 10 minutes to allow for disinfecting equipment and to reduce the likelihood of customers crossing paths.
- The iPad used to review photos will be disinfected after every session.
We to follow these rules strictly through the remainder of 2020, but possibly longer. Safety is our #1 priority – so we’re taking these rules very seriously.
Some Services Suspended/Limited
In order to mirror best-practices from other organizations, we will be rolling out services in three phases.
For the first phase of the resumption of services, we will only be offering individual outdoor portrait sessions. In our understanding, these sessions are significantly safer than indoor sessions taken in a confined studio space. In accordance with local guidelines found at sf.gov, our outdoor services are safe for resuming operations.
We will begin offering this service starting May 26th, in accordance with San Francisco county’s guidance that some non-essential services may resume on May 18th.
In phase two, we will begin group outdoor sessions and individual indoor sessions. This service is likely to resume June 1, but may be delayed.
Finally, and with the guidance of a medical professional, will we resume indoor group sessions – which carry the highest risk.
Guidance for Group Sessions and Company-wide Programs
For group sessions and company wide HeadShot programs, we’re recommending that clients use HeadShots Corporate Pass program whenever possible. Learn why we’re recommending that program here.
If you have any questions, requests, or want to make a suggestion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a living document, and we will make changes to it regularly to reflect best practices given by the medical community.
Owner, Head Photographer